The Fifteen Promises of the Virgin Mary to
those who recite the Rosary
- (Revealed to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan):
Say the Rosary every day, to obtain peace
for the world." -- Our Lady of Fatima, 1917
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the
recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the
greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor
against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat
- It will cause virtue and good works to
flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it
will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and
its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things.
Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me
by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary
devoutly, applying themselves to the consideration of its Sacred
Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not
chastise them in His justice, they shall not perish by an unprovided
death; if they be just, they shall remain in the grace of God, and
become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for
the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the
Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of
God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they
shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who
have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary
shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by
the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary
shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that
all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the
entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my
children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign
How to pray the Rosary
- Some commonly online used reference
works for Catholics:
New American Bible is the official Bible translation used for liturgies in the
Catechism of the Catholic Churchis an official summary of the teachings of the Catholic
Code of Canon Law
is an official compendium of the primary disciplinary rules
and regulations of the Church as a whole. Intended as a
legal text, it may sometimes use terms that are unfamiliar
to general readers. Interpretations, and local rules adopted
by particular bishops and bishops' councils are found
elsewhere. If you have questions about rules given here,
consult your local priest or canon law expert.
Catholic Encyclopedia of 1913
was an unofficial encyclopedia designed for Catholics, and
has many articles on Catholic beliefs, practices, saints,
and organizations. More recent encyclopedias are available
in many libraries, but are not freely readable online due to
- Official sites include
Vatican and the
- Many other Catholic information sites
and pages can be found in search engines such as